Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• klaus 15 posts 35 karma points
    May 17, 2017 @ 09:42
    klaus

One umbraco installation with many Database connections

Hi, Is it possible to let one CMS installation select different Databases, based on the url. Mayby I have 20 different url mapped to an Umbraco node, and I would like each node to have its own database. Is this possible? Thanks

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    May 17, 2017 @ 09:53
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Klaus,

This is not possible. It's one Umbraco DB per Umbraco installation. Why do you want this ?

Dave

• Craig Mayers 164 posts 508 karma points
    May 17, 2017 @ 11:46
    Craig Mayers

Hi Klaus,

This does seem like a strange request...

Why would you want a DB per node? Can't understand why you would want that?

If you want to pull data from a specific database when a user hits a certain page, then this can all be done in code (i.e. with different EntityFramework Models OR custom ADO.NET connections etc.).

Regards

Craig

• klaus 15 posts 35 karma points
    May 19, 2017 @ 06:26
    klaus

I was thinking about making a service based application, where companies could create an account. Then each company could have its own umbraco SQL server instance (better security i guess). Then with one code base, I would only need to update one place. Does that seems cracy ?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    May 19, 2017 @ 06:34
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Klaus,

Maybe you can have a look at Umbraco Cloud. They have something called baseline sites. This allows you to create new projects by cloning a existing code base. It will create a seperate website and database for you.

Maybe this can help you out ?

Dave

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft