Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ismini 14 posts 135 karma points
    May 18, 2017 @ 13:22
    ismini

Export content with media

Hi, I have two umbraco websites and I would like to export some content from the first site and import it to the other one.

In addition, the content from the first site uses a DocumentType A and I would like to import this content to the second site into a DocumentType B, so I'd like to map the properties during the import.

Moreover, my content includes some media... Have you any idea how to include these media in the export data, in order to import them automatically into the second site? My data is large enough so it would be difficult to re-upload all these media one by one and match the with the according content.

Thank you in advance

• Allan 42 posts 192 karma points
    May 18, 2017 @ 14:11
    Allan

We use CMSImport package - it's very user friendly and should allow you to map everything over.

Mapping images can be an issue.

We have solved it in the past by creating a label property on the new doctype then copy across the media url to this property adding '/old_media/' before the string.

Now you can copy the old media folder to the new site and rename it 'old_media'. In the razor just query if your new label property has a value then use the image url from there otherwise use the other property.

Hope that helps/gives you some ideas.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft