Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marko Eitel 5 posts 75 karma points
    May 19, 2017 @ 10:22
    Marko Eitel

Problem with VS2015 and Packages

Hello, I just set up a clean installation of Umbraco 7.6.1 on VS2015 Professional and after starting umbraco in visual-studio-debug-modus I tried to install the merchello-package over the umbraco-inside package-manager in the developer section. But everytime I hit the "Install Package"-button nothing happends but I redirect to the package-list. I tried some other packages and also another Pc with VS2015 but all the same.

In VS2013 all is functioned.

Can anybody confirm this? Is this a known problem?

Greetings Marko

• Marcus Townsend 6 posts 76 karma points
    Jun 04, 2017 @ 16:31
    Marcus Townsend

I can tell you I am having the same problem when I try to install the KS.Umbraco7.Calendar package while running in debug on VS2017. I have the same site published to my hosting environment, and it works fine. Still hunting for a solution for local install to my dev environment.

Jul 09, 2017 @ 18:24
    Marcus Townsend

I'm still having this problem with other packages. In fact any package I try. I have tried changing the write permissions on the local folders to everyone has full access. Still have the problem.

Aug 13, 2017 @ 19:17
    Marcus Townsend

So in case someone is having the same problem, I ended up having to set up a site in IIS, just to install packages. There were a number of issues I had to work through that I think related to running IIS on windows 10. the following blog post would be helpful to someone whos not used to managing IIS.

http://www.paulrgriffiths.co.uk/blog/installing-umbraco-7-part-3-setting-up-iis-file-permissions/

Sure wish I could figure out the issue with getting it to run in the debugger.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft