Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt Brown 62 posts 174 karma points
    May 25, 2017 @ 17:47
    Matt Brown

Using Public Access with U 7.6

We have built an integration with U7.6 and Active Directory so that when you visit a page you are added to the members table automatically. That works although it was difficult to get to.

Now we want to use public access to limit access to pages on the site.

I created a member group called private. I added three of our users including myself in the BO UI. That worked. I checked in the database and all three of us are members of the group in the cmsMember2Member table. I checked in the cmsMember table and we are there with our information as we should be.

I right clicked on one of the pages in the Content section and set it to require membership in a the selfsame group to which we are members.

My expectation is that when a user goes to the site they are logged in automatically as a member and if the try to access a protect page which is controlled by a group membership to which they have access, they can see the content of the page without any other action. If they are not in the group that has access to the page, they get redirected to the login page.

When we go to the page, we are kicked out to the login page which is really just an error message as we want to control access exclusively on the back end with no opportunity for the user to enter credentials.

What are we doing wrong?

• Sven Geusens 169 posts 881 karma points c-trib
    May 30, 2017 @ 14:25
    Sven Geusens

It seems like you only create the member, not log them in.

Add the following snippet to your master somewhere to see if somebody is actually logged in.

if (Members.IsLoggedIn() && currentMember != null)
    {
        Members.GetCurrentMember().Name
    }

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft