Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graham Davis 110 posts 376 karma points
    May 30, 2017 @ 13:47
    Graham Davis

Global values avaiable to entire site

Hi,

I am new to Umbraco and was wondering how to make certain information such as Company Logo, Company name, phone, email, etc. available across the entire site so that it can be dynamic and loaded via the page master?

Thanks!

Site Tree

• Tim Watts 90 posts 395 karma points
    May 31, 2017 @ 08:29
    Tim Watts

Hi Graham, and welcome to Our.

The default Umbraco install with the Fanoe starter kit does exactly this.

The site-wide settings like logo, title and description are set by the content editor within the Site tab of the Home page. enter image description here

It's fairly standard practice to set site-wide settings on the Home content page.

Tim

Jun 01, 2017 @ 02:19
    Graham Davis

Thanks! Yes, I did see that when installed the starter kit, but everything here is restricted to the home node. If you look at ours there are others on the same level. I need these to apply to them also.

• Paul Wright (suedeapple) 277 posts 704 karma points
    May 31, 2017 @ 11:20
    Paul Wright (suedeapple)

Or you could have a Node in the root, called "site settings". (placed as a sibling of HOME)

Largely depends on the structure of your site, and how many "settings" you have, and if you'd like them to be in tabs.

There's no hard/fast rule, on the approach.

I tend to use my "site settings" node approach, as you can then "import" it into a new site - so it becomes more "re-usable".

Also, if you are using "modelsbuilder", you'd then have a strongly typed model called "SiteSettings".

Jun 01, 2017 @ 02:25
    Graham Davis

I am presently trying to extend the node tree by adding a custom ??Application? via Visual Studio.(not sure if that's the correct terminology) Is that what you are referring to?

For reference, I have been a .net developer for 20 years. The framework of CMS's is new to me and I trying to understand how all the pieces fit together and relate. Eventually, I need to make a full package that the user can easily setup and install.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft