Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Morten Christensen 61 posts 215 karma points
    May 30, 2017 @ 16:59
    Morten Christensen

I have 7.5.4 site running in Azure. The overall performance is good, but the preview is really slow. Around 1 min. everytime.

When I check the console for preview page, I can see that 2 calls are slow:

1: /umbraco/ServerVariables <-- takes 30sec. It only outputs a small amount of json. This call is called everytime the Preview button clicked, and it takes 30 sec everytime.

2: /11501.aspx <-- also takes around 30 sec. This is the actual page to preview. But the published page takes < 200ms to load on the site.

On my local dev machine, these 2 calls are < 100ms to load.. ServerVariables are even 20ms only.

In Azure, I checked that both DTU and CPU are not 100% when calling Preview. The log is also clear for any errors..

Anyone has any idea to this load problem?

• Ferdy Hoefakker 214 posts 248 karma points
    Jun 02, 2017 @ 11:58
    Ferdy Hoefakker

I have the exact same issue on a non Azure site. If anyone is familiar with this problem and has a fix, I'd love to hear it!

Umbraco: 7.4.3 Server: Windows Server 2012 R2

-Ferdy

• Björn 18 posts 158 karma points
    Sep 12, 2018 @ 10:27
    Björn

I'm also experiencing a slow preview. The site is also hosted in Azure. Takes around 30 seconds before it displays a preview and sometimes it crashes due to time out. Does anyone know anything more about the issue?

/Björn

• Morten Christensen 61 posts 215 karma points
    Sep 16, 2018 @ 10:49
    Morten Christensen

It's been a year since I posted this.. but I recall I did some fixing myself.

I think I updated the preview.htm/.js files, and removed "/umbraco/ServerVariables" call, and instead of the call just returned some json. Apparently it's always the same json from ServerVariables endpoint. I properly also did some other caching stuff to get this to work.

Unfortunately this is the only way to fix this.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft