Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jun 01, 2017 @ 11:43
    Paul Seal

Umbraco 7.6x Should I use Nested Content or Archetype

Hi all

I've been using Archetype for a couple of years now. I've never used Nested Content before.

I see on the Archetype project page that it is not compatible with Umbraco 7.6 but Nested Content is.

I'm reluctant to stop using Archetype as I think it is one of the best packages out there but I understand if it isn't getting the support needed to keep it up to date then we have to move to a better option.

Please let me know if you know anything about this, which one should I use? Is there a built in one I should be using instead now?

Thanks in advance

Paul

• Mats Stam 61 posts 210 karma points
    Jun 01, 2017 @ 12:13
    Mats Stam

I'd like to know this too :) Haven't actually done anything of importance in 7.6 It's been my goto package too. I just love it :P

Would be so sad if it would just stop working in 7.6 :/

Have you actually tested it? Could it just be that it hasnt been tested in 7.6 yet? =)

Jun 01, 2017 @ 12:13
    Paul Seal

I was using a custom data type that I created in 7.5x and imported into my 7.6x project. I was getting errors so I looked on the project page. I managed to fix the errors by re-picking the data types inside my archetype custom datatype, namely media picker and related links. It's working fine now.

Jun 01, 2017 @ 12:15
    Paul Seal

Marked yours as the solution as I couldn't mark it as completed MatsStam otherwise.

• Mats Stam 61 posts 210 karma points
    Jun 01, 2017 @ 12:21
    Mats Stam

Glad you got it working :) Go Archetype! ;)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft