Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Hill 14 posts 114 karma points
    Jun 04, 2017 @ 20:56
    Chris Hill

Main admin user no longer works

Somehow I managed to forget my original admin user password and so I seem to have got into a bit of a mess. I first changed the password to be the same as that of the Editor user I had directly in the database but that didn't make it work.

I have ended up having to create a new user directly in the database umbracoUser table copying all the values from the original user, and also putting the relevant entries in the umbracoUser2app table - this new user allows me to login and see all of the options.

I cannot seem to login under the original user (id zero) and nothing I try seems to work - when I login as the new admin level user I can't administer the original user, and when I do a forgotten password for the old admin user it sends an email to the address for the new admin user.

Can you only have one admin user? Am I safe to delete user id zero from the umbracoUser table as it seems to be totally corrupt and non functional now?

Thanks

• Delete 61 posts 450 karma points
    Jun 05, 2017 @ 12:36
    Delete

Hi Chris,

Or you can reset Admin password with this plugin?

Regards,

Vitaly

Jun 05, 2017 @ 12:45
    Chris Hill

Hi

Thanks for that - doesn't seem to do anything - I am using latest Umbraco version and it's doesn't seem to guarantee compatability so maybe that is why it doesn't seem to have changed anything?

Jun 05, 2017 @ 12:49
    Delete

May be, I didn't check on latest version.

Jun 05, 2017 @ 12:55
    Chris Hill

I just downloaded the dll and placed in the bin folder. I stopped and started the site / app pool and loaded the site home page - did I miss a step, or does that sound right?

Jun 05, 2017 @ 13:01
    Delete

You did everything correctly, but on latest version it no longer works. :(

There are several options, I will try, if possible, I will write to you tomorrow.

Regards,

Vitaly

• Paul Wright (suedeapple) 277 posts 704 karma points
    Jun 05, 2017 @ 14:23
    Paul Wright (suedeapple)

Double check "userNoConsole" is set to False in your Database (Table : umbracoUser)

Clear out your cookies and browser cache too, before trying to log back in.

Jun 05, 2017 @ 16:18
    Chris Hill

Yep that seems to have got it - I'd already set that flag, but clearing out everything in the browser cache seemed to allow the login to work. Thank you.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft