Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ahmed 31 posts 132 karma points
    Jun 06, 2017 @ 13:03
    Ahmed

Hi everyone,

I have deployed a website through ftp using filezilla. Some files in /App_Data/NuGetBackup/20170409-174026/bin and bin(folder in root directory) are not transferring as filezilla shows error '550 Maximum file size was exceeded'. These files includes umbraco.dll, Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.dll, Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.dll, Umbraco.Core.dll. I have tried uploading these files using smartFTP client too but it also shows the same size excededed error. Apart from these files, all files are transferred on server. So when I hit the url it this error appears enter image description here

Can anyone tell if this error is due to missing files or some other issue?

Any help would be apperciated.

P.s I am new to development and deployment so answer accordingly.

• lucuma 261 posts 563 karma points
    Jun 06, 2017 @ 16:58
    lucuma

You shouldn't deploy the nugetbackup files.

• Tom Engan 430 posts 1173 karma points
    Jun 06, 2017 @ 17:42
    Tom Engan

You don't need deploy .cs files either if you have, as models and controllers. (just built, and deploy all dll files instead). But if you are new, this is probably not a current issue anyway.

• lucuma 261 posts 563 karma points
    Jun 06, 2017 @ 17:50
    lucuma

I guess we should elaborate. You should use the publish feature in visual studio (right click project and choose publish). You can publish it directly to azure (if that's your host or any webhost that supports web deploy), via ftp, or to the local filesystem to manually ftp it. The publish will compile and create the files you need.

Jun 06, 2017 @ 23:54
    Ahmed

I have published the project using file method and then deploying those files through filezilla. These are the published files enter image description here

It includes nugetbackup files too. Ok even if I don't upload nugetbackup files, then there are some files in bin folder those are not uploading either as fileZilla shows error '550 maximum file size exceeded'. I tried using visual studio deploy method too it also shows the same error on bin files. All files which are not uploading are of more than 1 mb size.

• Brett Fullam 119 posts 629 karma points
    Jun 08, 2017 @ 14:03
    Brett Fullam

Hi Ahmed,

I recently found a GREAT tutorial on publishing ASP.NET sites (and this example is specific to Umbraco) created by Paul Seal, an umbraco developer, which I found to be extremely helpful. Here's a link to the video on his youtube channel: How to deploy an ASP.NET website using Umbraco as an example.

I finally got around to checking out his blog ... codeshare ... lots of good Umbraco related info there too.

Good luck with your deployment ... I hope this helps.

Jun 09, 2017 @ 10:13
    Ahmed

Thank you so much for your help.

• DavidS24 3 posts 73 karma points
    Apr 05, 2019 @ 15:47
    DavidS24

it was useful, thank you!

• Aleksandra Bessalitskykh 1 post 71 karma points
    Apr 08, 2019 @ 20:27
    Aleksandra Bessalitskykh

Thanks for sharing!