Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Jun 06, 2017 @ 20:40
    Connie DeCinko

Back office styles and images not loading

I recently moved our working site to a new web server. Now when we try and login to the back office, there are no styles or images. The login form is way off to the left. If we login, most of the interface is not there.

If I put the .NET app pool into Classic mode, the back office works correctly. But, that causes other parts of the site to fail. The odd thing is, after setting to Classic mode, loading the back office, then switching back to Integrated mode, my normal browser still shows CSS and images. Perhaps they are cached in my browser? Trying in a browser with a clean cache, the CSS and images fail to load.

The site was previously on Windows 2003 and moved to Windows 2008R2 (IIS6 to IIS7.5).

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jun 08, 2017 @ 07:11
    Kevin Jump

Hi Connie,

Umbraco also caches css & js files within the app using the ClientDependencyFramework.

these files are stored in app_data/TEMP/ClientDependency - and you can just delete them. but the better thing to do is increment the version number in the clientdependency config file (config/clientdependency.config)

this will cause umbraco to create new files and it will update the ids of the files in the back office html which will help break the cache within your browser

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft