Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Prisha 16 posts 86 karma points
    Jun 08, 2017 @ 00:19
    Prisha

Cannot upgrade Umbraco 7.6.3 using nuget in visual studio 2013

hi folks,

I am upgrading Umbraco from 7.4.3 to 7.6.3.

I installed Umbraco 7.4.3 using nuget in VS2013. Now when I try to upgrade using nuget( Update-Package UmbracoCms), I get the following error in VS2013:

The 'UmbracoCms 7.6.3' package requires NuGet client version '3.4.4' or above, but the current NuGet version is '2.12.0.817'

I checked on the web ,and it seems to me that NuGet client version '3.4.4' is for VS2015 only, but I am using VS2013.

Also, I tried NuGet update -self in VS2013 to update, and I can confirm the nuGet version is updated to latest but when I try to update (Update-Package UmbracoCms) same error pop-up.

I don't want to switch to VS2015. Is there any solution to this problem?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jun 26, 2017 @ 13:43
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Prisha

You can upgrade Umbraco without NuGet, just follow general upgrading guide - https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/setup/upgrading/general

Thanks,

Alex

• Chaitanya Gadkari 27 posts 66 karma points
    Sep 24, 2017 @ 17:42
    Chaitanya Gadkari

Hello Alex,

I had created the umbraco solution using nuget, now I if I have to manually upgrade. These packages are causing issues while manual upgrade. What should be my approach. I deleted packages folder and edited csproj file to remove references and then added references from bin. On run, I can see the upgrade screen but not able to log in to authorize upgrade

Regards, Chaitanya.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 24, 2017 @ 19:20
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Chaitanya

If you created the project with nuget, try to upgrade Umbraco with nuget also.

Thanks,

Alex

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft