Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rick 36 posts 150 karma points
    Jun 08, 2017 @ 15:18
    Rick

Upgrade from 7.2.4 to 7.6.3 - Database Gone?

Hey All,

So I decided to upgrade one of our sites from v7.2.4 to v7.6.3 and now the database appears to be gone.

I've performed manual upgrades in the past without issue following the instructions here: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Upgrading/general

After the final step of merging in the changes to the web.config, I restarted the site via IIS manager and navigated to the URL expecting to walk through the installation dialog if a database update was needed.

I was presented with the site login, but it would not accept the admin credentials for the site that I am 100% sure were working just prior to the upgrade.

I tried the "forgot password" option on the login page and was e-mailed the URL as expected, but on clicking it I was just redirected to the login page again.

Upon further inspection via SQL Server Mgmt Studio, the database is simply empty (no tables, SP's, etc).

What have I done? Do I have no choice but to restore from backup and try again?

Thank you in advance, Rick

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft