Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Paul Griffiths 355 posts 995 karma points
    Jun 09, 2017 @ 17:10
    Paul Griffiths
    0

    Umbraco Version 7.6.1 Back office not showing changes/updates

    Hi all,

    I have just installed Umbraco Cms -Version 7.6.1 via nuget. The reason i chose this version and not the latest is because i'm using VS 2013 and my nuget version is not supported with the latest install version.

    I am seeing an issue where if anything changes in the back office e.g. amends to the markup on StartupDashboardIntro.html or when i install the rank one package it usually adds a new tab to the start-up dashboard but nothing is changing/showing.

    I have done things such as

    1. Restarting application in IIS
    2. Republishing Umbraco site Change
    3. Clearing Browser cache
    4. Change Debug="false" to Debug="true" in web.config - This worked while in debug but went back to broken cached version when I put it back to false.
    5. Modify ClientDependancy.config to exclude .js from fileDependencyExtensions - Again this worked while .js was excluded but went back to broken code when I added it back again.
    6. Remove the reference to the controller from the property editors manifest. - This allowed the page to load again, but obviously the the property editor then had no controller.
    7. Have removed datatype and and all references, restarted application and recreated it.

    (As outlined in https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41169548/umbraco-wont-clear-broken-code-from-cache)

    All of the above will not refresh the back office and show the new tab or changed markup.

    Can anyone suggest anything?

    Thanks

    Paul

  • Brett Fullam 119 posts 629 karma points
    Jun 09, 2017 @ 20:56
    Brett Fullam
    0

    Just out of curiosity ... what browser are you using? What platform are you working on ... what os ... these details help.

    Also ... I've been having one hell of a time with Google Chrome and page caching issues (even with incognito browser windows). Could be a contributing factor.

  • Paul Griffiths 355 posts 995 karma points
    Jun 10, 2017 @ 12:59
    Paul Griffiths
    0

    Hi Brett,

    Thanks for getting back.

    I have tried this using firefox, chrome and IE. Using all the clear cache and hard reload etc. I have since managed to get this working by adding in a new custom dashboard.

    After a new install using the latest version on a friends laptop the ran one section is also showing.

    I can for the life of me work out why the initial dashboard wont update.

    Thanks Paul

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft