Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bex 444 posts 555 karma points
    Jun 12, 2017 @ 12:15
    Bex

Failed to Copy Content - Not Allowed - BUT Permission Set!

Hi

I am using Umbraco 7.5.10 with uSkinned and I am trying to copy the website configuration node as per this post .

Under permissions on the document Type I have ticked

"Yes - allow content of this type in the root"

but when I go to copy it I get:

Failed To Copy Content - The current node is not allowed under te chosen node because of it's type

If I try and create a new content node of this type I can it's just the copying that seems to be not allowed?

I am assuming (maybe wrongly) that this is more of an Umbraco problem than a USkinned one, but I really don't know.. as I'm relatively new to both Umbraco 7 and uSkinned.

Is anyone else having any problems copying, or maybe know of something I've forgotten to do?

Thanks for any help

Bex

• Alex Brown 129 posts 620 karma points
    Jun 12, 2017 @ 13:28
    Alex Brown

I don't want to sound condescending but are you definitely trying to copy to the root and not under another Umbraco node?

Jun 12, 2017 @ 13:36
    Bex

Don't worry about sounding condescending.. I'm hoping I'm doing something stupid!!

I right click and click copy and I get this screen

I copied the home node in the same way without typing anything in the "type to search" box and it appeared on the root, that's the "US" one.

(The "Website Configuration US", is one that I've manually been trying to create)

• Laurent Lequenne 122 posts 247 karma points
    Jun 12, 2017 @ 13:59
    Laurent Lequenne

Maybe there are items in the children of the node that you are copying that are not set as defined in your permissions.

• Alex Brown 129 posts 620 karma points
    Jun 12, 2017 @ 14:06
    Alex Brown

On that copy screen, select "Content" above the "Home" node to select the root as the destination. Does that work?

Jun 12, 2017 @ 14:14
    Bex

@Alex!

Thank you! That's what I needed to do - clearly I was actually being stupid and not understanding the interface!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft