Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• chris 69 posts 92 karma points
    Jun 15, 2017 @ 18:41
    chris

Can't delete content or empty trash

I can't seem to delete any content anymore. Looking at browser debug, this is the error I'm getting:

umbracoDefault.js:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: umbraco is not defined at deleteThis (umbracoDefault.js:1) at HTMLDivElement.onclick (umbraco.aspx:1)
        deleteThis  @   umbracoDefault.js:1
        onclick @   umbraco.aspx:1

Looking at the deleteThis function in umbracoDefault,

function deleteThis()
    {var D=true;if(currentApp=="content"&&nodeID=="-1"){D=false}
    if(D){var C=nodeID;var B=nodeType;var A=nodeName;
    if(confirm(parent.uiKeys.defaultdialogs_confirmdelete+' "'+nodeName+'"?\n\n'))
    {deleteNode=node;nodeID=C;nodeType=B;nodeName=A;umbraco.presentation.webservices.legacyAjaxCalls.Delete(C,"",B,refreshDelete)}}}
    function refreshDelete(){deleteEffect()}

seems to point to /umbraco/webservices/legacyAjaxCalls.asmx where it has code behind file which I can't find.

<%@ WebService Language="C#" CodeBehind="legacyAjaxCalls.asmx.cs" Class="umbraco.presentation.webservices.legacyAjaxCalls" %>

I know it used to work, since I have stuff in the trash folder, which I cannot empty anymore.
    How can I make this work again? It's Umbraco 4.0.4.2 in Server 2008 R2.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 01, 2017 @ 13:23
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Chris

Do you have enough space on your hosting for your site?

It can be a problem if the database is too big for your hosting plan.

You can clean up the database with SQL query orpackage like UnVersion.

Thanks,

Alex

• chris 69 posts 92 karma points
    Aug 07, 2017 @ 23:52
    chris

Hi Alex, We have enough space on the site. We own the server hardware, and have full admin access to the physical, IIS, and SQL database. Current database size is 385.69 MB which is well below the limit of our SQL 2008 (not express) of 524272 TB, with 34 GB free on the server disk.

The work around I've been doing is to create a folder and just move things to that folder when it's supposed to be deleted. I've seen some SQL query on delete problem, I'm worried that this is going to break it since it's ancient, and don't really have a replacement for the content.

Well, I'm just checking to see if this is a common occurrence and has a working solution.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft