Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bo Jacobsen 593 posts 2389 karma points
    Jun 16, 2017 @ 07:54
    Bo Jacobsen

Install-Package : The 'UmbracoCms package requires NuGet client version '3.4.4' or above

Hi all.

I startet an empty asp.net project as i usually do in Visual Studio 2012 and then hit Install-Package UmbracoCms in the Package Manager Console.

Then i get this error:

Install-Package : The 'UmbracoCms 7.6.3' package requires NuGet client version '3.4.4' or above, but the current NuGet version is '2.8.50313.31'.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Install-Package UmbracoCms
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], NuGetVersionNotSatisfiedException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.InstallPackageCommand

Then i tried to install Version 7.6.0 via nuget.

Then i get this error:

Install-Package : 'Newtonsoft.Json' already has a dependency defined for 'Microsoft.CSharp'.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Install-Package UmbracoCms -Version 7.6.0
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], InvalidOperationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.InstallPackageCommand

I was able to install version Version 7.5.12. But i would like to have the latest version :)

Anyone know whats happening?

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 16, 2017 @ 08:11
    Jeavon Leopold

Newer NuGet packages such as Newtonsoft.Json now contain format changes (to support .NET Core) , these changes are only understood by NuGet v3 and v4. Umbraco v7.6 has a higher version dependency on Newtosoft.Json which is why you are seeing this.

As far as I know NuGet v3 & v4 are only supported in Visual Studio 2015 and 2017 so you will need to update your Visual Studio. https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/

Jun 26, 2017 @ 09:08
    Bo Jacobsen

Thanks for replay Jeavon.

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 26, 2017 @ 10:05
    Jeavon Leopold

No problem, seems day by day more NuGet packages are adding .NET Core support so I think VS2012 and 2013 have been thrown into the archive...

• Himasnhu K 17 posts 86 karma points
    Oct 07, 2018 @ 11:55
    Himasnhu K

I have Visual Studio 2012 version can we able to upgrade umbracoCMS 7.6 to 7.8 or above version.

However i tried to upgrade nuget 2.8 to 3.4 version but unable to do the same. either we able to upgrade nuget client version from 2.8 to 3.4 to upgrade umbracoCMS?

Awaiting reply, thanks for help and suppot.

Oct 09, 2018 @ 08:24
    Bo Jacobsen

Hi Himasnhu.

As Jeavon wrote, you need atleast 2015 version.

• sheetal 5 posts 75 karma points
    Nov 05, 2018 @ 12:09
    sheetal

Hi as of my requirement, I need to check for the latest umbraco cms version and update it in my application.

I am doing it using nuget - PackageRepository. i am facing the same issue while installing the package.

I am using Visual Studio 2017.

Thanks for the help

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft