Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• stephen 81 posts 122 karma points
    Jun 16, 2017 @ 10:21
    stephen

Image Cropper - Filesize

I was recently asked if the Image Cropper reduces the filesize of the image when displaying in mobile.

My assumption was that it didn't, it just adjusted the aspect ration/size of the image.

My reason for asking is that the person concerned wants the same image created in different sizes for delivery on the appropriate device.

• emma burstow 43 posts 251 karma points MVP 3x hq c-trib
    Jun 21, 2017 @ 14:25
    emma burstow

Hi Stephen,

Image cropper works by optimising the image, pulling it in and caching it. Each time the editor selects a crop, the system will use image processor to optimise it and the cache it for use.

Often, rather than cropping several versions of the same image, we use one copy and then use front end scripts to resize for each device so that the editor doesn't need to select one for each device, based on screen sizes.

If you need any more info on image cropper, this thread is pretty helpful and explains how the image cropper works:

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/72888-image-cropper-how-does-it-manage-the-cropped-images

Thanks,

Emma

• stephen 81 posts 122 karma points
    Jul 07, 2017 @ 07:45
    stephen

Thanks Emma. Does this ensure both quality and data download on mobile devices are optimised?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft