Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hawthorn 10 posts 122 karma points
    Jun 26, 2017 @ 13:35
    Hawthorn

Black bar blank and cannot add items before refreshing

Hi

A client has a site on 7.2 for the last couple of years. Last week they started having a problem when they log in first. There are no icons in the left black bar so it's unusable and when you right click on one of the nodes in Content, say, News, and try to create a new item, it's not an option.

A simple refresh gets it all going again but it's just something we would like to sort out for them.

The UmbracoTraceLog file shows nothing untoward. Nothing in the log table in the database.

Not sure why this would have started last week - nothing has been done on the server in terms of updates or anything.

Any ideas welcome, thanks!

• Hawthorn 10 posts 122 karma points
    Jun 26, 2017 @ 18:40
    Hawthorn

Answering myself - this was posted a few hours ago but only got approved as a first post now. In the meantime I think we have sorted it. When I cleared my cache and tried again, the Console on Chrome had the following when the black bar is blank:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 417 (Missing token)
        umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/GetRemainingTimeoutSeconds 

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 (Unauthorized)
        umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/UpdateCheck/GetCheck 

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 417 (Missing token)
        umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/GetRemainingTimeoutSeconds 

umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Section/GetSections 

As per https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/60627-417-Missing-token-in-the-backoffice#comment-273522 we have uninstalled a .Net security update and the problem seems to have resolved itself. It is likely the error was around for the last month or so but only discovered last week.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft