Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brett Fullam 119 posts 629 karma points
    Jun 26, 2017 @ 13:45
    Brett Fullam

JQuery functions NOT available in Angular (both are located in the Umbraco library?)

I'm getting an error about a (JQuery) function that's being deprecated and functions are NOT available for use in Angular ... from all the research I've done on this error all arrows are pointing to JQuery NOT being loaded BEFORE Angular and this is what is what is currently crippling the back office of my site.

These are both pointing to the libraries included in Umbraco and it's specific to this function in JQuery "element.datetimepicker" that Angular is unable to use.

In the console there's a warning that states the following:

[Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/. 
     jquery.min.js?cdv=71880264:4

Immediately followed by this error referring to Angular in Umbraco:

TypeError: element.datetimepicker is not a function         umbraco/lib/angular/1.1.5/angular.min.js?cdv=71880264:63

Here's a screenshot of the browser console highlighting the deprecated jquery.min.js and the angular errors that follow:

enter image description here

If "a" solution is to make sure JQuery loads BEFORE Angular ... how I can I get JQuery to load before Angular if it's in an umbraco library?

Any ideas on how to get this resolved ...? This is WAY above my experience level in Umbraco and it's crippling my site. My site is completely error free until I log into the back office ... then everything goes sideways.

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Jun 26, 2017 @ 15:00
  • Brett Fullam 119 posts 629 karma points
    Jun 27, 2017 @ 16:06
    Brett Fullam

UPDATE ... my site is back up and running (error free) ... LeBlender was causing the error.

Without any other options ... I just started to rebuild my site from the ground up (again) using a fresh install of v7.6.3 and adding the following items-packages back in: an mvc form, archetype, AND LeBlender.

The error didn't appear until I added LeBlender's carousel to an existing (and functional) umbraco grid layout. Once I did ... the back office completely broke down ... functionality was missing in the content tree, and the back office layout looked like the CSS was missing. AND that DeprecatedHandler error came right back.

Once I removed all the LeBlender-related grid editor datatypes and their corresponding grid editor views from the back office my entire site bounced right back, and is once again completely error free. I had to remove all the LeBlender related content from any of the property types that were using them too for the error to completely disappear. (but it worked)

Nicholas had helped me "unlock" these deprecated media pickers LeBlender needed access to work in new versions of Umbraco about a month or so ago because LeBlender will not work with the new media pickers (Umbraco.mediapicker.2 ?).

Unfortunately, they seem to be at the root of this problem for my site. So, it looks like LeBlender is only possible for people who have earlier (supported-upgraded) Umbraco versions. Hopefully they'll release an update soon, or someone will create something similar for future use.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft