Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Gulam Gaus 2 posts 82 karma points
    Jun 27, 2017 @ 11:58
    Gulam Gaus
    0

    Backend Content Menu not showing as mentioned in the Documentation

    Hi All,

    With regard to below image, you can see clearly that the leftside content menus are not displaying for me to even start working !!!

    Being newbie in using Umbraco, looking forward for help from this wonderful community to kick-start my first website.....

    Thanking everyone in advance. enter image description here

  • Marc Goodson 976 posts 6524 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jun 29, 2017 @ 21:19
    Marc Goodson
    0

    Hi Gulam

    If you look in the chrome developer console in the browser, do you see any javascript errors?

    and are they 417 missing token errors ?

    If you press ctrl-F5 and refresh the backoffice do the icons reappear?

    If you are seeing the 417 error, then this is usually because of a problem with the AngularJS XSRF - TOKEN and XSRF-V cookies not being set properly.

    Sometimes just clearing your cookies for 'localhost' will resolve the issue, but there are numerous reasons why the cookies may not be being set properly, but first if you can confirm that's the error you are seeing...

    regards

    Marc

  • Gulam Gaus 2 posts 82 karma points
    Jul 01, 2017 @ 13:47
    Gulam Gaus
    0

    Hi Marc,

    Thank you so much for your reply.

    Yes I did get the 417 error as below:

    enter image description here

    But, as you said by clearing cookies for 'localhost' resolved the issue !!

    Thank you !

  • Marc Goodson 976 posts 6524 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jul 01, 2017 @ 16:34
    Marc Goodson
    100

    Great! - hope the rest of your first Umbraco website build goes smoothly!

  • Damien (Slipoch) 62 posts 345 karma points
    Jul 14, 2017 @ 00:32
    Damien (Slipoch)
    0

    Just had this issue after updating to 7.6, clearing cookies did not work. 417 error with the Angular JS.

  • Marc Goodson 976 posts 6524 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jul 14, 2017 @ 08:18
    Marc Goodson
    0

    Hi Damien

    There are lots of things that can cause the 417 issue, essentially it's to do with something preventing the XSRF - TOKEN and XSRF-V cookies from being set correctly.

    After the upgrade did you 'up' the client dependency version in the clientdependency.config file ?

    just to make sure your upgraded backoffice is working with a fresh set of assets?

    If you are still having issues, then check the cookies that are being set when you login (also check in another browser / incognito mode, to completely rule out something being cached)

    enter image description here

    Followng that then it's hunting down the reason why the cookies aren't being set properly, SessionState, SSL configuration and this hotfix from microsoft (https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/4019288/may-2017-preview-of-the-quality-rollups-for-the-net-framework-3-5-1-4 caused an issue in umbraco 7.2 - but shouldn't be affecting you on an upgraded site).

    There is an issue on the issue tracker: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-9873 with some other things to try.

    regards

    Marc

  • Anthony 19 posts 135 karma points
    Aug 25, 2017 @ 12:09
    Anthony
    0

    Just to add to the replies already given. I've had this a couple of times - must be something to do with my workflow. I find clearing the site data in Google Chrome's developer settings resolves the issue. Haven't investigated to find the root cause.

    Clear Site Data

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft