Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Moshe Recanati 8 posts 89 karma points
    Jul 02, 2017 @ 10:43
    Moshe Recanati

Umbraco for gambling site

Hi, We would like to use Umbraco for official gambling site. I would like to know if you're familiar with similar implementation of such site using Umbraco?

It's important to us since gambling site requires high load and transactions and we want to make sure Umbraco is capable for such volumes and changes.

Thank you Moshe

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jul 03, 2017 @ 08:35
    Dan Diplo

I'm not aware of a specific gambling site (but I'm sure there probably are some) but Umbraco have some case studies that might help? https://umbraco.com/case-stories/

Generally the capability to run under high-load is down to your infrastructure and coding. If you code using best practices and host on a resilient platform then it should be OK. Umbraco can run on Azure, so you can take advantage of load balancing and scaling etc. See https://our.umbraco.org/Documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Server-Setup/

• Micha Somers 134 posts 597 karma points
    Jul 03, 2017 @ 12:43
    Micha Somers

For the Content Management part around a gambling site, much is possible. So probably Umbraco could fill in a part of that puzzle.

However, in general the core functionality of a gambling site involves intensive real-time interactions with servers and other players, and high loads of commercial transactions.

To support those requirements, it's important to first know if the platform Umbraco is running on would enable you to do this. Eg. does a Microsoft/.NET/MVC/SignalR environment offer enough power and stability for you to deal with the requirements?

Maybe you can tell more about what kind of gambling functionality and requirements are important to you?

Also interested to hear what triggered you to consider Umbraco for a gambling site?

Are you comparing Umbraco with other platforms/solutions/frameworks? If so, which ones?

• Finn MacLaurin 1 post 71 karma points
    Sep 16, 2020 @ 07:19
    Finn MacLaurin

keep it up

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft