Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graham Thomson 56 posts 136 karma points
    Jul 04, 2017 @ 13:26
    Graham Thomson

Madia Library Starting Node

Hi

I've ihherited a site where the Media Library is set to have a folder called "Document Downloads" and then another folder called "Images".

I'm wanting to grant editors permissions and want to give them access to specific projects where they have responsibility.

If I'm starting to give them this type of access am I instead better to move the documents and images into a specific folder to that project "Name of Project" and then create this as their starting node so that all of their assets atre in one discrete place?

Thanks Graham

• David Hutson 48 posts 379 karma points
    Jul 05, 2017 @ 13:53
    David Hutson

Hi,

If you want to use the out of the box behaviour then you will need to put it under one top root folder but as I mentioned in my reply to your other post on media you can use this package

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/multiple-start-nodes/

However, if you can guarantee that the user will only work on one project you can set a single start node for the media. Otherwise you are going to get into a situation where you would need to create different user credentials per project and limit it this way but it gets ugly quickly and I would not recommend this approach.

Dave

• Graham Thomson 56 posts 136 karma points
    Jul 12, 2017 @ 13:22
    Graham Thomson

Hi Dave

Thanks very much for your replies and for the very useful advice!

That gives me a way forward thank you!

It'll be interesting to see if Umbraco bring the multiple start node feature into one of their releases too!

Cheers Graham

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft