Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Philb1208 18 posts 102 karma points
    Jul 05, 2017 @ 10:29
    Philb1208

Downloading the latest version

Hi,

I'm trying to download the updated version of Umbraco from the our.umbraco website but it keeps getting blocked due to potential malware in the file.

Is there any other locations i can download the 7.6.3 build from?

Thanks,

Phil

• emma burstow 43 posts 251 karma points MVP 3x hq c-trib
    Jul 05, 2017 @ 10:52
    emma burstow

Hi Phil,

You could try using Nuget to install instead. Details are here,

https://www.nuget.org/packages/UmbracoCms/

Emma

Jul 05, 2017 @ 12:37
    Philb1208

Hi Emma,

Thanks. I've managed to get the files and have merged my configs and copied the files over. Now i cant log in :(

The password hasnt changed but the password reset link redirects to the "/umbraco/AuthorizeUpgrade" url, which i need to log in to do the install!!

Thanks,

Phil

Jul 05, 2017 @ 13:36
    emma burstow

Hi Phil,

I have been in that position myself! Your best bet is to take a look at this thread. You can reset the password in the database.

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/4790-ouch-forgot-admin-password-how-to-reset

Em

Jul 05, 2017 @ 14:01
    Philb1208

Hi,

Yeah i read through that topic. None of the options worked. I've updated the password manually, tried 'default', tried a clear password - nice application error with that one.

I can see that the login is failing in the logs, so it is checking the database surely?

Why is umbraco still in use by peoeple? it SUCKS. the documentation is out of date, the support topics are useless. A simple task like updating a website and its taken 4 hours to get to a point where it still sucks and the suggestions by people do NOTHING.

Is umbraco Danish for 'Piece of S**T'? it should be.

Sorry Emma, not aimed at you. I appreciate you have tried to help.

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jul 05, 2017 @ 14:46
    Dan Diplo

If you think a free, open-source product sucks and is a POS and aren't happy with the free support provided by people in the community then you are free to use another product. Such is choice, eh? I appreciate upgrading can be frustrating, but being rude about something people spend a lot of hard work on isn't going to help anyone.

've upgraded sites from 7.5 to 7.6 without issue - it's just a case of reading the documentation carefully. https://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/763/

If you do as it says in bold red and leave useLegacyEncoding=true set in membership providers then it won't change your password hashing format.

Jul 05, 2017 @ 14:11
    emma burstow

Hi Phil,

It seems 7.6 has some breaking changes when it come to passowrds so it's worth going up to 7.5 for an upgrade. Shannon's article here explains why.

https://shazwazza.com/post/umbraco-passwords-and-aspnet-machine-keys/

With regards to the question as to why it's still in use? Probably because there is a community of people who are happy to answer people's questions - one I've drawn on pretty often myself and it seems you have too. People on here are generally really positive and happy to help.

Anyways, worth logging a bug with the issue tracker if there's something you think needs to be looked at by the core team.

Emma

Jul 05, 2017 @ 15:06
    Philb1208

Thanks Emma, that article helped.

When i merged my files, useLegacyEncoding was set to false. Setting this to true and i can feel i have stopped ageing rapidly.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft