Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• codeNdrum 5 posts 75 karma points
    Jul 10, 2017 @ 15:30
    codeNdrum

Azure App Pool max (100) crash when submitting for translations --- v7.6.3

Greetings! I have a site deployed to Azure. I have plenty of resources available: S3 Standard for web and 100 DTUs for DB. I have tried explicitly setting the Max Pool Size to something greater than 100 in my web.config DB connection node to no avail. The DB seems to be operating fine, it just seems like the application keeps crashing because of the app pool exceeding its maximum allowance of open connections, which appears to be 100. I don't know where I can validate the max for sure, but I do know that no matter what combination of nodes / children I send to translation, the crash happens after the 100th request. Restarting the app from the dashboard, of course clears the pool and I can work again, so at least the work got done.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can increase the app pool for Umbraco hosted on Azure? Do I have to increase the DTU allowance beyond 100?

I've looked through the forum and the interwebs ;-) and was unable to find a solution.

Here's the error message:

<Data>Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached. at
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal&amp; connection) at
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions) at
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.TryOpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions) at
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() at
    Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClass1.&lt;ExecuteAction&gt;b__0() at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func`1 func) at
    Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction(Action action) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoConnectionExtensions.OpenWithRetry(IDbConnection connection, RetryPolicy retryPolicy) at
    Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoConnectionExtensions.OpenWithRetry(IDbConnection connection) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.OpenSharedConnection() at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.&lt;Query&gt;d__7`1.MoveNext() at
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.Fetch[T](String sql, Object[] args) at
    Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.Fetch[T](Sql sql) at Umbraco.Core.Sync.DatabaseServerMessenger.ProcessDatabaseInstructions() at Umbraco.Core.Sync.DatabaseServerMessenger.Sync() at
    Umbraco.Web.BatchedDatabaseServerMessenger.UmbracoModule_RouteAttempt(Object sender, RoutableAttemptEventArgs e) at Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.OnRouteAttempt(RoutableAttemptEventArgs args) at Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase
    httpContext) at Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.&lt;Init&gt;b__8(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep
    step, Boolean&amp; completedSynchronously)

</Data>

• Tony Cheetham 24 posts 134 karma points
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 14:20
    Tony Cheetham

Issue detected and logged.. No fix as of yet, but the cause is a known issue.

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-10471

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft