Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• paulthorpe 10 posts 193 karma points
    Jul 11, 2017 @ 16:13
    paulthorpe

Preview Page 404 When overridding ApplicationEventHandler

I am running Umbraco 7.6.4 and I have been trying to use the preview system to check content changes on different pages, on every page when I click the preview button I am shown a 404 page The URL contains the following

/umbraco/preview/?id=1066

Looking on the machine the App_Data\Preview Folder is empty which I believe needs cache files for preview to work.

After much testing I have established that I can get the preview to work if I comment out my RegisterEvents class that inherits from ApplicationEventHandler

The code is as follows

public class RegisterEvents : ApplicationEventHandler { protected override void ApplicationStarting(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication,ApplicationContext applicationContext) { base.ApplicationStarting(umbracoApplication, applicationContext); }

protected override void ApplicationStarted(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication,ApplicationContext applicationContext)
        {
            RouteConfig.RegisterRoutes(RouteTable.Routes);
            AppConfiguration.RegisterGlobalFilters(GlobalConfiguration.Configuration);
            FilterConfig.RegisterGlobalFilters(GlobalFilters.Filters);
            DataAnnotationsModelValidatorProvider.AddImplicitRequiredAttributeForValueTypes = false;

base.ApplicationStarted(umbracoApplication, applicationContext);
        }
    }

If I remove this class everything works correctly I have also tried using the Global.asax method but with the same issues I believe the above is the correct way to register events though.

Is this an issue with the Umbraco preview system or have I done some wrong in the above or missed out a setting any help would be a great help

• paulthorpe 10 posts 193 karma points
    Jul 12, 2017 @ 07:20
    paulthorpe

If anyone has this kind of issues I manged to solve my issue. The RouteConfig I was running contained the following

routes.RouteExistingFiles = true;

I removed this and preview works.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft