Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• karen 186 posts 461 karma points
    Jul 11, 2017 @ 21:14
    karen

Can't edit stylesheets in Umbraco UI

I am having the same/similar issue as described in this thread: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/11070-Umbraco-Admin-interface-not-showing-stylesheets#comment-52355

I have tried all the solutions presented in that thread but nothing has worked.

When I click on the stylesheet to edit them, I get a blank section, not the actual stylesheet contents. I know there is content in the file because I can look at it on the file system. Also, there were actually styles listed in the content tree that aren't even on the file system! I have no idea where that information is kept, there is nothing in the database table 'cmsStylesheet' - not even sure if that table is still used? I deleted all those files via the UI, but still can't edit any of the ones that are actually there.

I was able to add a new stylesheet both using the UI and the filesystem, edit it, paste in the exact css that is in one of the ones that won't show up. I can edit that one in the UI, but none of the others!

I tried pasting in the css into the UI by copying from notepad, it saves correctly, but if you go to edit it again it still shows up blank.

No errors in the browser console or in the log files.

Have NO idea what to do now and it's driving me crazy. Any ideas?

Jul 27, 2017 @ 23:14
    karen

Anyone even have any ideas on how to debug this?

I would like to look at the source, but not sure how to grab an older version of umbraco v6.2.6 from github.

Jul 31, 2017 @ 16:19
    karen

ok, I think I have this fixed (though still no idea what happened!) I had to delete all the stylesheets via the Umbraco backoffice - all of them, even the ones that were working. After deleting all of them, I could then copy the files back using explorer and now so far am able to edit via the ui again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft