Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Yigit 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jul 12, 2017 @ 13:15
    Yigit

Umbraco SQL Collation Issue (Creating Users Problem)

Hi,

We are using umbraco version 7.2.8, on the first install when we want to create "Document Type" we had an error like

Server Error in '/' Application. Invalid column name 'id'. [SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid column name 'id'.]

and we execute the following query

ALTER DATABASE DBName SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE
    ALTER DATABASE DBName COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS
    ALTER DATABASE DBName SET MULTI_USER

and problem solved.

But the interesting part is when SQL collation is "Latin1_General_CI_AS" we couldn't create any Umbraco User contains "i" letter. For example when creating test1, test2, user1, user2 there is no problem. But if it contains "i" like william, ali, veli, test1i umbraco throws error and says "check log". And log says:

System.Configuration.Provider.ProviderException: Could not find user in the membership provider with login name william  

and if we change database collation to "Turkish_CI_AS" this problem is also solved. And users with "i" could be created. But this time, when collation is "Turkish_CI_AS" the first error (Invalid 'id') occurs again.

We try other collations, but we couldn't find the solution. What can we do to solve both errors?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• Barish Sever 20 posts 123 karma points
    Jan 28, 2019 @ 21:58
    Barish Sever

Hello, have you found a solution for your issue? I am facing the same.

• Barish Sever 20 posts 123 karma points
    May 06, 2019 @ 12:20
    Barish Sever

When I recreated the database with the correct collation from scratch instead of altering the database collation, the problem didn't occur anymore.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft