Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rob Carlaw 21 posts 134 karma points
    Jul 13, 2017 @ 08:30
    Rob Carlaw

Multi site with Repository showing - This document is published but its url would collide with content (error)

Umbraco version 7.6.1 assembly: 1.0.6337.40631

I have a multi site installation of Umbraco and have a number of repositories outside of my main sites that share information with the main sites.

inside Culture & Hosting -

the culture is either GB or US. I have three sites in the US and one in the UK.

website1 - Url is local.website1

website2 - Url is local.website2

you get the idea,

Since I turned the site into a multi site I can't now load the detail from the repository as it doesn't have a URL It just displays:

This document is published but its url would collide with content (error)

Shows the website multi content picker - picking a news item

Shows the news repository outside of the sites, but with the URL for a item showing the issue.

Because each site has it's own unique URL I expected it to just append the news item. But I do understand that because I now have 4 websites with 4 URL's repositories don't know which URL to show.

Anyone had this problem or have a workaround? This used to work because we have older sites running like this.

Jul 13, 2017 @ 09:40
    Rob Carlaw

So I removed all the websites apart from website 1. and it still didn't work, I had to remove the domain from Cultures and Hostnames section on the website.

So the issue is you can't use the Repository Pattern for websites with a Domain name attached to any website or multi sites.

Jul 13, 2017 @ 09:45
    Rob Carlaw

I think this is a known bug which was introduced 7.5.10 and the issues already in the backlog:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-9442

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-9430

Jul 25, 2017 @ 15:37
    Rob Carlaw

I've just copied the DLL fix into my Bin folder for U4-9430 that Tom Fulton kindly uploaded a while ago and I'm still having the issue.

I'm not going crazy here, in Umbraco - you should be able to have multiple websites with different domains. and then use a Content Picker or Multi Picker in the sites to select common/ shared Content from other root shared repositories.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft