Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• bh 405 posts 1382 karma points
    Jul 20, 2017 @ 12:53
    bh

I'm getting an error trying to save my first content element. Here's the stack trace.

Edit:
    It seems to be my Nested Content widget that's causing this error. When I do not populate my Nested Content widget on this page, I'm able to [save & publish] this content element.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting my Nested Content widget?

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Umbraco.Web.WebApi.Binders.ContentItemBaseBinder`2.BindModel(HttpActionContext actionContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext)
       at System.Web.Http.ModelBinding.ModelBinderParameterBinding.ExecuteBindingAsync(ModelMetadataProvider metadataProvider, HttpActionContext actionContext, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.HttpActionBinding.<ExecuteBindingAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.<ExecuteAuthorizationFilterAsyncCore>d__2.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.<ExecuteAuthorizationFilterAsyncCore>d__2.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.<SendAsync>d__1.MoveNext()

• Sven Geusens 169 posts 881 karma points c-trib
    Jul 20, 2017 @ 15:22
    Sven Geusens

Could you also show the error besides the stacktrace.

Extra question:

• If you are using models builder, did you rebuild the models and project after adding the nested content property to the doctype.
    Jul 20, 2017 @ 16:56
    bh

Thanks for your response @SvenGeusens. I am not using Model Builder (that I know of). I didn't explicitly install it if that answers your question. Here's the error message that accompanies the stack trace.

For what it's worth, I created another Nested Content widget from scratch and got the same error message when trying to [Save & Publish] content to it.

enter image description here

Jul 21, 2017 @ 16:10
    bh

Additional info...

I've figured out this error only happens when I upload an image to my Nested Content widget. I'm using the image cropper editor. Any ideas why that might cause this error?

Jul 21, 2017 @ 17:46
    bh

The lead for Nested Content responded to me on the github page that the upload and cropper editors do not work with Nested Content. It's a known issue.

• Sven Geusens 169 posts 881 karma points c-trib
    Jul 24, 2017 @ 10:18
    Sven Geusens

Good to know. A normal media picker should work in NC or a multi tree node picker.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft