Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hardik Gondalia 4 posts 96 karma points
    Jul 31, 2017 @ 06:49
    Hardik Gondalia

BackOffice Authentication Fails

Hello,

I am using UmbracoCMS 7.6.2 in one of my site.

When I try to login in backoffice on \umbraco Page. I am getting following error:

Login failed for user admin

As, login for 'Admin' was working fine till today and suddenly stops working.

I checked the console of the browser and getting following error:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request) umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/PostLogin

I check the log files and getting following error:

Umbraco.Core.Security.BackOfficeSignInManager - Event Id: 0, state: Login attempt failed for username admin from IP address, the user is locked

• Marc-at 2 posts 72 karma points
    Aug 04, 2017 @ 13:36
    Marc-at

I'm currently experiencing the same problem with 7.6.4 and have the same error messages (bad request on PostLogin).

My team was working in the back-end all day without problems until the system kicked all authenticated users out and wouldn't let us log back in.

The logs display this message:

Umbraco.Core.Security.BackOfficeSignInManager - Event Id: 0, state: Login attempt failed for username marc@... from IP address ::1, the user is locked

However the user is not locked at all when I look at the table row..

I also tried falling back on the useLegacyEncoding="true" setting in the web.config but it did not help.

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Aug 04, 2017 @ 13:51
    Dan Diplo

Not sure if it will help, but sometimes clearing all cookies or using an incognito session can help with this type of issue.

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Aug 04, 2017 @ 14:03
    Ismail Mayat

I have had this before as well after we turned on https force https with a forced redirect.

• Sanjay 7 posts 27 karma points
    Jul 10, 2018 @ 11:00
    Sanjay

Hi - did anyone find an answer to this - ive got this issue with Umbraco version 7.10.4 assembly: 1.0.6684.15725.

I cannot login as any user with the same line in the trace log below.

• Umbraco.Core.Security.BackOfficeSignInManager - Event Id: 0, state: Login attempt failed for username

In the chrome developer console i have.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request)

angular.min.js?cdv=1188174677:106 POST http://localhost/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/PostLogin 400 (Bad Request)

• Sanjay 7 posts 27 karma points
    Jul 10, 2018 @ 11:19
    Sanjay

I found my problem - i had added the following to the UsersMembershipProvider which caused an issue.

allowManuallyChangingPassword="true"

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft