Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daryl 5 posts 75 karma points
    Aug 02, 2017 @ 11:29
    Daryl

Multi Node Tree Picker 2 Filtering Issue

I am currently working on a project where I need to include a Multi Node Tree Picker, yet restrict what the user can select. Looking at the object, there is a field "Allow Items Of Type" where I need to input the alias of the document type that I wish to allow the user to select.

The issue lies in the fact that this functionality does not seem to be doing anything, as I am still able to select whichever item I want, regardless of what is input in the previously mentioned field. I have even tried to use to dictate this negatively, by inputting what I do NOT want the user to be able to select (by inputting "!" before the alias name), however I was met with the same result.

Any help regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• Alex Skrypnyk 4693 posts 16769 karma points MVP 2x admin
    Aug 02, 2017 @ 13:09
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Daryl

Can you check, please, what property editor are you using on the page?

Because it can be a situation when you edit a field "Allow Items Of Type" for wrong property editor.

Thanks,

Alex

• Daryl 5 posts 75 karma points
    Aug 03, 2017 @ 15:45
    Daryl

Hi Alex,

The property Editor is Umbraco.MultiNodeTreePicker2

Thank you for replying

Daryl

• Niels Lynggaard 160 posts 445 karma points
    May 15, 2018 @ 07:34
    Niels Lynggaard

Still seeing this issue!

I've set up MNTP 2 to allow items of documenttype "speaker", but I am allowed to pick anything under a "speaker" node as well, ("talks").. Is this a known issue?

/Niels

• Mike Masey 18 posts 178 karma points c-trib
    May 29, 2018 @ 09:16
    Mike Masey

I just stumbled across the same issue. I think it may be related to if you are using list view. When i have it enabled, it doesn't work correctly, but turning it off fixed it.

• James 10 posts 81 karma points
    Jul 11, 2018 @ 22:48
    James

Same here, was pulling my hair out until I disabled the list view for the doc types I was selecting. Works, but a fix would be nice.

• Mike Masey 18 posts 178 karma points c-trib
    May 29, 2018 @ 09:19
    Mike Masey

Just found an open issue on it too. http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-10129

• Dempsey 5 posts 85 karma points
    Jun 06, 2018 @ 13:28
    Dempsey

I too stumbled across this isue with the MNTP2. When you set it up to only allow items of a certain documenttype, that works, but it also allows all children of that document type to be selected, which can be a different kind of document type.

I want the MNTP to only allow the selected document type to be selected.

Anyone have a suggestion?

• Welshrat 1 post 71 karma points
    Jun 08, 2018 @ 18:52
    Welshrat

Seeing the same issue here. I have Category and SubCategory and it allowing me to select SubCategory as a Category which isn't what I want.

• z4kk 24 posts 77 karma points
    Jul 06, 2018 @ 12:54
    z4kk

Same issue Umbraco version 7.11.0

Any suggestions? =\

• Adriana Cerqueiro 31 posts 170 karma points
    Aug 16, 2018 @ 16:27
    Adriana Cerqueiro

Hi all, I am having a slightly different problem.

I can select two things, the doctype that I am allowing (I don't have any child doctypes under that one) but I can also select the current node where the property is.

Aside from that, I can't select anything else in the tree.

The problem site is running on 7.12.0, but I have a functional one running on 7.11.0

Thanks in advance,

-Adri

• Sebastiaan Janssen 4634 posts 12975 karma points MVP admin hq
    Aug 17, 2018 @ 06:34
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Hi Adriana - this is a bug in 7.12.0, we've hopefully got a fix, check out this topic for more info and a temporary workaround you can try: https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/93276-umbraco-7120-multi-node-tree-picker-start-node-not-working-anymore

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft