Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rob Hayles 2 posts 82 karma points
    Aug 02, 2017 @ 14:34
    Rob Hayles

Analytics Trackers for Umbraco

Hi,

We are about to start redeveloping our main consumer site. Umbraco has bubbled to the top of the list in terms of the platform we hope to use.

We are very keen to be able to track all the analytics from our site, so that the clicks, heat-maps, devices, browsers, page visits etc, but also user journeys so we know where people are dropping off our site.

Does anyone know of a tool that can do this that is compatible with Umbraco based sites, or know of a plugin for Umbraco that does this type of analytics?

Thank you in advance

Rob

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 02, 2017 @ 15:29
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Rob

Try to use "Analytics" package: https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/analytics/

Thanks,

Alex

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 02, 2017 @ 15:49
    Nik

Hi Rob,

When you ask if things are compatible with Umbraco what do you mean exactly?

We have used Google Analytics, Hot Jar and a few others but they are all front end based tools. You simply plug in their tracking code into your master template and they use their own technologies to do all the tracking.

You then use their platforms to review the information.

Based on this, I would say that most tools that fall into the same category as those two will work with no issues.

Nik

• Rob Hayles 2 posts 82 karma points
    Aug 02, 2017 @ 16:20
    Rob Hayles

Thanks Nik

I thinks its probably naivety on my part. The modules I have seen that plug into Umbraco seem to be page focused and don't string journeys together such that we can track how a user navigates through the site. (I would love to be corrected here)

If we can use Hot Jar (or similar) then that works for me as how we solve the problem is not important and if its a front end based tool that we subscribe to then that is fine.

Cheers Rob

• Bojana 4 posts 73 karma points
    Nov 29, 2019 @ 13:15
    Bojana

Hi i tried the plugin but its not working a cant login to google the URL is not working can you please fix the issue???

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft