Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• hrg 32 posts 152 karma points
    Aug 03, 2017 @ 11:40
    hrg

Hello

Accidently before some days we noticed some incorrect behaviour in umbraco CMS.

In content section, we have node with 10 child nodes. But from 5-6 days back we observed that when we expand parent node, it is not showing its children.

But at the same time on front end it shows those child pages.

Then I saw umbraco db umbracoNode table which was not having these child nodes. So thinking that because of cache, it is showing pages on front-end, we added the same types of child nodes under the same parent and published all. Now, the wiered thing happening. On front end we are able to see 20 nodes, two of which having same url.

So, again if I see in umbraco db umbracoNode table, it is not giving 20 entries, it is showing these newly added 10 entries only. So, question is that from where the 20 children pages are appearing on front end? On expanding parent why old child nodes are not appearing?

Please help, stucked on this.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 03, 2017 @ 12:54
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Hrg

Can you do republish of all the site?

What version of Umbraco are you using?

How did you render child pages on front end? Can you show?

Thanks,

Alex

Aug 03, 2017 @ 14:09
    hrg

Can you do republish of all the site? ... I cannot

What version of Umbraco are you using? 7.4.1

How did you render child pages on front end? Can you show?

Each child page has different template. so rendering content through template. But in parent node I have links for all child nodes there it shows double nodes. Parent node also has its own template

Aug 03, 2017 @ 14:12
    Alex Skrypnyk

Why can't you do republish?

What about cleaning Examine index?

Can you show the code that renders child nodes?

Aug 04, 2017 @ 04:49
    hrg

yes... cleaned examine index..... but no change...

code that renders child nodes ....

@foreach (var answer in Model.Children)

{
             <li><a href="@answer.Url" title="@answer.GetPropertyValue("pageHeading").ToString()">@answer.GetPropertyValue("pageHeading").ToString()</a></li>
               }

.... Also, want to know that whild expaning parent, umbraco api call is made which returns json data... in that call previously it was showing empty json object and now when new children created it shows these 10 new one. But on front end from where it is bringing 20 nodes in listing? And again to specify that two of which points to same url. So why in Model.Children it loops 20 times? where is the issue?

Aug 04, 2017 @ 14:10
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Hrg

It can be xml cache of Umbraco in /App_Data/umbraco.config file, you can remove that file and restart the website - this cache will be recreated.

But it's not a typical issue, are you sure that Model.Children loops 20 times?

Thanks,

Alex

Aug 04, 2017 @ 14:26
    hrg

yes... already did that with umbraco.config file...

Finally solved issue by trick....

created new parent node, moved all child nodes under this node. Unpublished old parent. Published new parent and renamed it to original name.

But where was the issue is still hidden. For now it is solved.

I wanted to know that can I find in some way that a particular node is present or not in all umbraco db tables.... it will be great if you can help in this....

Aug 04, 2017 @ 23:00
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Hrg

Usually, you don't need to do "created new parent node, moved all child nodes under this node. Unpublished old parent. Published new parent and renamed it to original name".

Publishing the node is making a refresh of the cache and this is enough for the refreshing frontend.

Thanks,

Alex

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft