Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rohit Sovale 14 posts 84 karma points
    Aug 04, 2017 @ 08:28
    Rohit Sovale

Images go automatically missing from Umbraco

Hi Team

For one of my application some images suddenly go missing , and i am not able to figure out why its happening. In media section I can see image node is present but the image is missing for that node. I checked to Database and for same node all the correct details like node path , server path for the image is present under CmsContentxml table. I have checked with server and image is also present there at correct mentioned path. I am not getting if all things are in correct place then why Umbraco framework is failing to fetch the image. Can anyone please help me in this issue. It would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Reagrds, Rohit

• Jules 269 posts 560 karma points
    Aug 04, 2017 @ 08:40
    Jules

Apologies I replied in haste below. I see that you have checked the disc (server) and the images are present.

I guess we need to know a little more - version of Umbraco, when you say suddenly - do you mean suddenly after a system/code change/upgrade or a deployment, or do you mean suddenly for apparently no reason.

As much detail as possible about situation before and after the issue that you are seeing.

Jules

Aug 04, 2017 @ 09:44
    Rohit Sovale

Hi Jules

Thanks for quick response. To answer your question ,

1. We are using Umbraco v6.1.6 (Assembly version: 1.0.5021.24867).
    2. I mean apparently for no reason images will disappear.we are not making any code change or any upgrade or any other change ,still images go missing.

Regards,

Rohit

Aug 04, 2017 @ 09:48
    Jules

All images on the site or on a specific page?

Have you checked the logs for any errors?

Have you checked Developer Tools in Chrome for any errors?

Jules

Aug 04, 2017 @ 09:52
    Rohit Sovale

All images on the site or on a specific page? --> For specific pages only (It happens random)

Have you checked the logs for any errors? --> Nothing helpful found.

Have you checked Developer Tools in Chrome for any errors? yes checked , no errors coming.

Aug 04, 2017 @ 10:03
    Jules

Where are your media files located? In the media folder within the Umbraco install or somewhere else?

Aug 04, 2017 @ 10:06
    Rohit Sovale

Media folder is present under root folder which is kept on server

Aug 04, 2017 @ 10:14
    Jules

Can you bring up the media item in its own window if you type the path directly into the browser?

Aug 04, 2017 @ 10:17
    Rohit Sovale

I tried , but it shows image not found or error page, but in DB we can see on the specified path image is present.

Aug 05, 2017 @ 13:25
    Jules

If you cant get to the image from the browser then it kind of suggests that the image is not on the server.

If you type in the path to the image, you are not relying on Umbraco to locate the image item and find the path so if you can't render the image by typing the path in directly then you need to double-check that the image is actually there on disk.

Jules

Aug 11, 2017 @ 10:48
    Rohit Sovale

Hi Jules

I checked for what you have suggested but we can render image when we hit the server path directly. I guess there is something related to Umbraco version as it is not the case for our any other Umbraco sites.

Aug 11, 2017 @ 11:07
    Jules

In that case lets make sure that your internal Examine indexes are up to date.

Go to the Developer section in Umbraco.
    Click on the Examine Management tab.
    Click InternalIndexer and Rebuild index

You might also try to recycle the app pool in IIS

I do remember having issues with Media indexing in U6.

See if this helps anyway.

Jules

Aug 18, 2017 @ 13:13
    Rohit Sovale

Hi jules

Thanks for the help.

I do tried rebuilding the indexes , but still the image is missing from website. Can you please help more on it?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Rohit

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft