Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Sam 75 posts 391 karma points
    Aug 09, 2017 @ 18:51
    Sam
    0

    Help: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: Umbraco.Web.UmbracoHelper.Media Int and String

    I am getting the following Server Error:

    The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'Umbraco.Web.UmbracoHelper.Media(params int[])' and 'Umbraco.Web.UmbracoHelper.Media(params string[])'

    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

    Exception Details: Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'Umbraco.Web.UmbracoHelper.Media(params int[])' and 'Umbraco.Web.UmbracoHelper.Media(params string[])'

    The site that is getting this error has been running for 1 to 2 years with out issue, and now this.

    I did find a thread that had a similar problem Thread ... but when I tired the solution which was to add .ToString() to the Image src that is on this page. The Error was not there any longer, but the site displayed with out any content... Content still shows in back office and in preview, but not in the front end.

    The umbraco version started as 7.2 but I upgraded to 7.6 in hopes that the issue would be fixed with the update. this did not happen. the error still remains.

  • Sam 75 posts 391 karma points
    Aug 09, 2017 @ 20:25
    Sam
    100

    I seem to have found the issue to my problem...

    I noticed that all my child nodes were showing the following error in the properties tab for the Link to document value:

    This document is published but its url would collide with content (error)
    

    While searching for answers to that I ran across a post that discussed the the domain and culture settings, and the languages.

    I remembered setting the domain up for the home node so i went to check it and it was not showing anything. when I tried to plug it in again, I got an alert saying the domain already existed.

    To start fresh, i went into the database and removed the rows in the umbracoDomains table.

    when I refreshed the site it worked perfectly.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft