Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• alimac 182 posts 371 karma points
    Aug 13, 2017 @ 10:13
    alimac

Backoffice login is not re-directing

Whenever I log into the back-office I find that I'm not re-directed. I seem to be logged in, however I'm just re-directed back to the login page but the url displays

Is this something to do with permissions or cookies? I've no idea where the problem lies..

Thanks

• Manos Gatsios 21 posts 41 karma points
    Oct 11, 2018 @ 06:42
    Manos Gatsios

Recently we seem to have the same problem with different versions of Umbraco and different website installations!

At least with us we've seen this strange behaviour starting from version 7.7.6 onwards. All of our websites are running on Windows Server 2012-R2 and .NET 4.5 or higher and are being deployed directly from Visual Studio using Web Deploy. The logs are not of any help either since there is nothing in there that can shed some light.

It is very frustrating because to solve the problem (which btw is totally random) you need to (almost) always do an app pool recycle. At other times more strict measures must be taken such as an iisreset or even a reboot of the server!

Other than the above everything looks fine, at least when you manage to login that is.

Have you got any conclusive answer or have you managed to solve the problem? It would be really appreciated if you can share whatever info you have, if any.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft