Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Niels Lynggaard 190 posts 548 karma points
    Aug 23, 2017 @ 13:12
    Niels Lynggaard

OLD (Umbraco 4 site) doesn't update cache for all sites

Hi all.

We recently moved a client's old Umbraco sites to a new hostingprovider, but we're experiencing on really annoying issue; The cache isn't updated for all sites;

The clients umbraco installation contains a few sites (domain.dk and m.domain.dk). Both of these sites are using a bit of "shared content", e.g content that is rendered from a specific node in the tree on each site. (a calendar).

The problem is, that when the client updates domain.dk he also has to log into umbraco on m.domain.dk and publish the SAME node there to make the cache flush for that site and the new content visible.

I've figured out, that if I touch web.config, the cache is flushed and everything is fine, so naturally, I gave the client a "flush cache" button on a backend-dashboard that just updates a string in web.config, thus flushing the site cache.

The umbraco.config file IS updating correctly, and I've tried updating the settings in umbracosettings.config to update cache upon xmlcache-changes but with no result.

I've asked the hostingprovider if the two domain bindings run under the same app-pool, which they claim it does (I have no RDP access, its a shared host)..

Please, does anybody have any idea about what may be causing this behavior on the server? I'm slowly running out of hair to pull here..

I've found another thread with the same problem (OLD), but no real solution.. (https://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/bugs/12220-Cache-not-updating)

Any ideas to pursue?

Cheers , Niels

• Brent 29 posts 240 karma points
    Aug 23, 2017 @ 14:08
    Brent

Hey there,

Not offering a solution, but if you upgrade to the latest version, it might help fix that issue, and fix other security related issues.

I tried asking a few questions on my Umbraco 4 issues recently and 2 of the posts haven't been answered.

I'm in the process of updating a website to Umbraco 7.

Maybe you could use this as a last resort.

• Niels Lynggaard 190 posts 548 karma points
    Aug 23, 2017 @ 14:33
    Niels Lynggaard

Yeah, would be nice to just re-implement on a v7, but since this site is really big and contains a lot of legacy code and custom xslt-extensions (AND is xslt-based) that's not an option at the moment. I guess we will do this later..

For now, the client states "this worked before", so I'm stuck. My best bid is that this is related to a newer version of IIS and/or some serversetup related issue that I'm not in control of nor an expert in..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft