Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• DrewMac 6 posts 96 karma points
    Aug 23, 2017 @ 22:00
    DrewMac

Has anyone used Umbraco as an Intranet tool? If so, were there any caveats? If it was considered and not used, why?

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Aug 24, 2017 @ 01:12
    Nigel Wilson

Hey DrewMac

In my previous job we developed a site as an Intranet - weekly newsletters, call centre user guide (v large), and ideas for expansion...

We didn't use AD for access as there was no sensitive information to protect.

Umbraco is an ideal solution for an intranet, but at the end of the day it does depend on requirements - there might be products better suited / OOTB / etc.

I simply love using Umbraco and so it would be my "go to", and then others would have to convince me not to use it (and that would take a big stick) haha :-)

Cheers, Nigel

• Vadym Matsukatov 9 posts 106 karma points
    Aug 27, 2017 @ 11:01
    Vadym Matsukatov

Hej

may be that will be https://our.umbraco.org/projects/collaboration/uintra/ interesting for you. we are using Umbraco for set of success Intranets for our client for our company internally. we integrated it with AD, CRMs, asp.net membership and so on... u are welcome free to contact me, if you have questions.

vadym

• Niklas Uddholm 2 posts 72 karma points
    Feb 07, 2018 @ 22:15
    Niklas Uddholm

Hi, The media archive is open in Umbraco. I believe there are som plugins that can handle it but should be a part of core in my concerns. A media item should contain attributes as a documenttype with publish and unpublish.

Anyways, this is a huge disadvantage when using Umbraco as intranet, but it is easy to solve if you are aware of the problem. I would recommend Umbraco when building intranets but don't forgett to protect your documents!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft