Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Aug 26, 2017 @ 02:53
    Fuji Kusaka

From 7.6.4 to 7.6.5 with Nuget

Hi everyone,

I have just upgraded my instance from 7.6.4. to 7.65. using Nuget but when strangely in the web.config its still 7.6.4.

This project is a complete Nuget Install from the very beginning, i got the notifications from the ManagerConsole to upgrade but looks like nothing is happening.

Tried to rebuild the solution but unfortunately throughs back this error enter image description here

Both back and front end still working properly though.

Any suggestions what might be the issue with the upgrade here ?

Aug 29, 2017 @ 17:48
    Fuji Kusaka

Any idea what might be the issue here ?

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Aug 29, 2017 @ 19:49
    Nicholas Westby

The web.config will continue to say 7.6.4 until you run the upgrade wizard on the frontend of the site. It sounds like the upgrade wizard isn't appearing for you though. That may imply that some of your DLL's for Umbraco in your bin folder are still the 7.6.4 versions. This can sometimes happen if your Visual Studio solution contains multiple projects, and only some of them have been upgraded to the latest version of Umbraco. Or if the references to those DLL's were created in some non-standard way. I would check the version numbers on the DLL's to ensure they are correct.

Aug 30, 2017 @ 12:21
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Nicholas, yes correct the dll is still 7.6.4.

What is the best way of updating this now knowing that the upgrade wizard isn't appearing ??

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Aug 30, 2017 @ 15:15
    Nicholas Westby

Well, we know why the upgrade wizard isn't appearing (because the DLL's haven't been updated). So you need to figure out why the DLL's weren't updated. I mentioned some scenarios that can cause the issue, so that'd be a good first place to look.

That is, look if all your Visual Studio projects had their NuGet packages updated. Then look at all of your references to the DLL's to ensure they are to the versions of the DLL's in the packages folder under the correct Umbraco version.

Sep 19, 2017 @ 12:19
    Fuji Kusaka

Still very unlucky with this...

Just to confirm, i do have several projects in VS but only 2 installed with Nuget.

At least now i have a successful build solution but unfortunately the wizard upgrade is not running.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft