Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alexander 5 posts 74 karma points c-trib
    Aug 28, 2017 @ 15:52
    Alexander

uSync file changes at startup

Hi, I have a ploblem with my production envirement with uSync. When we startup umbraco it removes Handlers node in uSyncBackOffice.Config file. And then adds a new one. This is a problem when we have specifiacally set that we donĀ“t wont to sync some part of the system, in our case the dictionary.

Is there someone with a solution?

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Aug 31, 2017 @ 07:43
    Kevin Jump

Hi

I think the only way that usync will write the settings at startup is if either the settings file is missing or corrupt in someway.

it might be possible that a completely missing handler node might cause it to do that ? I might be worth checking that the file is valid and has the right bits in it.

It might be worth looking in the logs (in app_data/logs) to see if uSync has written any warnings, if it has problems reading the settings file you should see something like.

Unable to load the settings: (some error)

it might also be worth checking the handler docs http://usync.readthedocs.io/handler-config/

and you have multiple handler groups and you can point to the ones you want to use with a handlerGroup setting in the config . eg

<HandlerGroup>myspecialgroup</HandlerGroup>

<Handlers Group="myspecialgroup" EnableMissing="false">
        <HandlerConfig Name="uSync: DataTypeHandler" Enabled="true" />
    </Handlers>

Kevin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft