Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adi Silagy 5 posts 75 karma points
    Aug 29, 2017 @ 11:44
    Adi Silagy

Attempt by security transparent method

Hi all,

I have built an Umbraco site locally using visual studio, and this is the first time i am deploying it to an hosting provider.

I have tested it on an local IIS

I have also checked with the hosting provider that the site has full-trust.

I have published the site using visual studio and uploaded it to the hosting via FTP.

Unfortunately i am still getting this error after deploying the site:

Attempt by security transparent method 'Umbraco.Core.BindingRedirects.Initialize()' to access security critical method 
    'System.AppDomain.add_AssemblyResolve(System.ResolveEventHandler)' failed.

Assembly 'Umbraco.Core, Version=1.0.6428.37121, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is partially trusted, which causes the CLR to make it
     entirely security transparent regardless of any transparency annotations in the assembly itself.  In order to access security critical code, this 
    assembly must be fully trusted.

• Rubenv 2 posts 72 karma points
    Sep 01, 2017 @ 18:30
    Rubenv

I've got the same problem! I'm publishing right out of Web Matrix to GoDaddy. Got the file permissions set up, full-trust is up. I'm getting the exact same error page as you do.

I hope someone can help! :D

• Adrian Martin 2 posts 73 karma points
    Sep 09, 2017 @ 07:45
    Adrian Martin

I'm getting the same thing. It was working locally and on my Azure staging server, but when I went to Godaddy (shared hosting) I got the same error.

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    Sep 09, 2017 @ 16:20
    John Bergman

I think you need to be running at least medium trust. I think you can set that in the web.config. Try this, and it will at least tell you if that is the issue you are facing

<configuration>
    <system.web>
       <trust level="Medium" />
    </system.web>

Instead of medium, you could also try 'Full'.

• Rubenv 2 posts 72 karma points
    Sep 09, 2017 @ 18:49
    Rubenv

In my case I've got turst level set to "Full". I tried medium but that doesn't solve the problem.

• ziyad 3 posts 74 karma points
    Sep 10, 2017 @ 11:37
    ziyad

Am also facing same issue tried all .. but its not working .Is it because am working on shared hosting? Did umbraco will not support shared hosting?

• Sean Sachen 31 posts 77 karma points
    Nov 17, 2017 @ 05:36
    Sean Sachen

Does anyone have any ideas here? I tried an empty install of Umbraco 7.7.6 and the install doesn't even run before the error hits.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Attempt by security transparent method 'Umbraco.Core.BindingRedirects.Initialize()' to access security critical method 'System.AppDomain.add_AssemblyResolve(System.ResolveEventHandler)' failed.

Assembly 'Umbraco.Core, Version=1.0.6528.26344, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is partially trusted, which causes the CLR to make it entirely security transparent regardless of any transparency annotations in the assembly itself. In order to access security critical code, this assembly must be fully trusted.

Trust is set to Full. For grins, I gave the app pool user full control to the entire folder.

• Casper 70 posts 308 karma points
    Nov 17, 2017 @ 09:49
    Casper

Never had the problem, but saw this on SO: https://stackoverflow.com/a/40132807 - I hope it can help you out.

• Sean Sachen 31 posts 77 karma points
    Nov 17, 2017 @ 19:07
    Sean Sachen

I've kind of resolved it. I have v 7.74 and I had to not only set the trust to full in the web.config but I had to update the source code.

Following the recommendations from a stackoverflow post, https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20252500/attempt-by-security-transparent-method-to-access-security-critical-method-failed (last post):

I downloaded the source files and searched the solution for all of the AssemblyInfo.cs files. Since I didn't know which one to update and I didn't have the time to go and figure that out, I simply added a reference to System.Security and added [assembly: SecurityRules(SecurityRuleSet.Level1)] to all of the AssemblyInfo.cs files and rebuit the solution in release mode.

I pushed the code up, made sure that the CAS was set to full trust, and restarted the app pool. The site finally came up.

So far, the only issue that I seem to have left is that the Umbraco dialogs don't load. An example being of right clicking on Content and selecting to republish entire site errors out with this: Could not load type 'Umbraco.Web.UI.Umbraco.Masterpages.UmbracoDialog'.

That's something I'll work out later, but at least I got the site up and running.

Hope this helps someone!

• Bora B 32 posts 124 karma points
    Dec 14, 2017 @ 11:15
    Bora B

Hi,

Is there a real solution for this I mean without modifying the source codes?

I have the same issue with godaddy and umbraco 7.7.6.

Thanks,

• Derek Preston 1 post 71 karma points
    Jul 26, 2018 @ 02:50
    Derek Preston

Same errors and have followed every possible solution on this forum. Modified the Assemblyinfo.cs and re-published. All Trust references set to "Full"

Anyone have any success with this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft