Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• illumi 10 posts 75 karma points
    Aug 30, 2017 @ 07:21
    illumi

URL Tracker on Umbraco 7.7

Hi!

We have used URL Tracker 301 on several project but I am a little unsure if we can still use it on version 7.7. Does anyone have any experience with that version combination?

Which package could be used instead, if URL tracker does work anymore? We often have customers who would like to make their own redirects directly in Umbraco.

• 3ijtKwijt 36 posts 216 karma points
    Aug 30, 2017 @ 08:10
    3ijtKwijt

I have tested it out earlier, if you mean the package 301 URL Tracker I could install and use it without any errors. I only had one issue and that's that the tab in the content section sometimes load a little bit buggy, meaning it loaded slow, or loaded with a height of like 10 pixels but when reopening / opening the info tab it was fixed.

• Martijn Duizendstra 18 posts 113 karma points
    Aug 30, 2017 @ 08:20
    Martijn Duizendstra

I installed it on 7.6.3 and it didn't work anymore, so had to figure something else out. I ended up with the Redirect package from SkyBrud which is great, although it has some limitations.

If I understood correctly, Stefan Kips (the creator) no longer wishes to maintain the 301 Tracker package?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 30, 2017 @ 12:26
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi

What about Redirect Url Management dashboard in the Developer section?

Is it suited for you?

What kind of redirects required?

Thanks,

Alex

• illumi 10 posts 75 karma points
    Aug 30, 2017 @ 12:33
    illumi

@Alex: When making a new site for a customer most of them would like to redirect the top 20 URLs of their old site, to the new one. The Redirect Url Management dashboard in the Developer section only handles internal movement of nodes.

In the 301 URL Tracker packages (Stefan Kips' package) you can enter incoming urls and redirect them.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft