Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jon Davis 16 posts 109 karma points
    Aug 30, 2017 @ 20:21
    Jon Davis

Azure Web App - can't find umbraco.config

For our Umbraco site we've got a single Azure Web App, no load balancing.

We recently upgraded from 7.5.3 to 7.6.4. When we stop and then start the site the following entry appears in the log:

2017-08-30 19:46:41,961 [P12876/D2/T9] ERROR umbraco.content - Failed to load Xml from file.
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\local\Temp\UmbracoXml\59c4d4a8ecf09f118f382fc3f769282179344519\umbraco.config'.
       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
       at umbraco.content.LoadXmlFromFile()

Here's our appSettings: enter image description here

According to the Xml Data Integrity Report everything in the cmsContentXml table checks out OK.

Is there some other setting/configuration I'm missing?

Thanks!

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Aug 31, 2017 @ 14:19
    Sebastiaan Janssen

When you stop and start it, the Temp folder gets wiped. As soon as the site starts running, the umbraco.config file will be recreated. Nothing to worry about, this is all normal.

And really good that you're putting it in EnvironmentTemp, that will prevent all kinds of slow access problems!

• Jon Davis 16 posts 109 karma points
    Aug 31, 2017 @ 15:37
    Jon Davis

Thanks for the reply Sebastiaan, I feel much better!

I tried to find umbraco.config app's temp folder via the Kudu console, to my dismay it wasn't there. But, apparently this is because "the Main site and the scm site do not share temp files."

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft