Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• malar 97 posts 206 karma points
    Aug 31, 2017 @ 09:35
    malar

This is new CMS for me . Now i need to update from version 7.1.4 to version 7.6 in live server . I have read some information in the forum and felt confused. can anyone please help me and explain how to do it

• Georgs Bormanis 25 posts 122 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Aug 31, 2017 @ 12:17
    Georgs Bormanis

Hello and welcome Malar :)

What information are you reffering to? Have you seen our documentation about upgrades over here ?

Aug 31, 2017 @ 12:43
    malar

Yes , i saw that documentation. I am little bit afraid that a wrong upgrade would cause a damage to the website itself. Shall i do.

(Manually Upgrading from a zip file package. Download the .zip file for the new version you are upgrading to from http://our.umbraco.org/download

Copy the following folders from inside the .zip file over the existing folders in your site:

/bin /Umbraco /Umbraco_Client)

Is it right? Please help me.

Aug 31, 2017 @ 13:28
    Georgs Bormanis

Yes you can follow that documentation and do the upgrade manually. Make sure to make a backup of your site and the database, shall something go wrong you can return to the version that works.

Aug 31, 2017 @ 13:30
    malar

Thank you so much , I can try

Aug 31, 2017 @ 13:33
    Georgs Bormanis

Most welcome Malar!

Good luck and let us know if there is anything else,

Cheers

Sep 05, 2017 @ 08:49
    malar

Hi Georgs,

I upgraded new version , I followed two steps manually

1. I removed the old version some folder bin, umbraco, Umbraco_Client that i updated new version folder.
    2. I changed Web.config file (version number) EX:

But its displaying error. Can you please help me figure out the problem .

Server error in program '/'. The file or assembly 'HtmlAgilityPack' or one of its dependencies could not be loaded. The found assembly manifest definition does not correspond to the assembly's reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) Description: An exception was not processed while performing the current web request. See the stack for more information about the error and where it came from the code. Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: The file or assembly 'HtmlAgilityPack' or one of its dependencies could not be loaded. The found assembly manifest definition does not correspond to the assembly's reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) Source Error: An exception that was not processed was created while running the current web request. You can find information about the origin and location of the exception, using the following exception tracking. Assembly load tracking: The following information may be useful when deciding why the 'HtmlAgilityPack' assembly could not be loaded. WRN: Logging of assembly binding is disabled. Logging of assembly binding errors is enabled by setting the registry value [HKLM \ Software \ Microsoft \ Fusion! EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note Performance is impaired by logging of assembly binding errors. This feature is disabled by clearing the registry value [HKLM \ Software \ Microsoft \ Fusion! EnableLog]. Stack trace:

[FileLoadException: The file or assembly 'HtmlAgilityPack' or one of its dependencies could not be loaded. The found assembly manifest definition does not correspond to the assembly's reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]

[FileLoadException: The file or assembly 'HtmlAgilityPack, Version = 1.4.9.5, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = bd319b19eaf3b43a' or one of its dependencies could not be loaded. The found assembly manifest definition does not correspond to the assembly's reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)] System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad (AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark & stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +0 System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad (AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark & stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +36 System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName (AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark & stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +152 System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad (String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark & stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean forIntrospection) +77 System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad (String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark & stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +21 System.Reflection.Assembly.Load (String assemblyString) +28 System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper (String AssemblyName, Boolean StarDirective) +38

[ConfigurationErrorsException: The file or assembly 'HtmlAgilityPack, Version = 1.4.9.5, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = bd319b19eaf3b43a' or one of its dependencies could not be loaded. The found assembly manifest definition does not correspond to the assembly's reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)] System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper (String AssemblyName, Boolean StarDirective) +738 System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory () +217 System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly (AssemblyInfo ai) +130 System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies (CompilationSection compConfig) +170 System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetPreStartInitMethodsFromReferencedAssemblies () +92 System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods (String preStartInitListPath, Boolean & isRefAssemblyLoaded) +290 System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ExecutePreAppStart () +157 System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize (ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +549

[HttpException (0x80004005): The file or assembly 'HtmlAgilityPack, Version = 1.4.9.5, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = bd319b19eaf3b43a' or one of its dependencies could not be loaded. The found assembly manifest definition does not correspond to the assembly's reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)] System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit (HttpContext context) +10084960 System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit (HttpContext context) +95 System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate (IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +254

Sep 05, 2017 @ 11:43
    Georgs Bormanis

Hey Malar!

Glad to hear we are making some progress :)

I'm just guessing here but looks like you are using old reference there so the web.config file wasn't merged corectly.

When you merge config files, you have to only merge custom stuff that needs to be in the web.config file. So make sure that you don't overwrite anything that is Cloud specific.

I would recommend getting a clean install of 7.6.x and then check the bin folder and web.config file to see if you haven't overwritten any Cloud specific stuff.

Cheers,

Georgs, the magician

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft