Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeff Lewis 14 posts 84 karma points
    Sep 07, 2017 @ 18:58
    Jeff Lewis

Cannot Install Packages Running Locally

Greetings,

I am using Umbraco V 7.6.3, and I am having problems installing packages when running the application locally on one of my machines. The package doesn't matter, as I've tried with multiple packages. I have tried this with multiple machines, and it has worked on some, but it does not work on my main development machine.

When I attempt to install a package, either through the manager or locally using a zip, it goes to the package page, and then immediately reloads the main package install page. See video.

I have checked the permissions, and ensured that the user I am running Visual Studio under has Read/Write, Modify, etc. permissions for the entire project folder.

Does anyone have ideas why this might be occurring?

Thanks,

Jeff

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Sep 07, 2017 @ 19:46
    Nigel Wilson

Hey

I had the same a while ago - possibly it is the package isn't compatible (or marked as compatible) with 7.6.3 ?

Just a thought.

Nigel

Sep 07, 2017 @ 19:48
    Jeff Lewis

I considered that, but the particular package I am trying to install (and it doesn't seem to matter which one I try to install) says that it is 100% compatible with 7.6.x on its Umbraco package page. And again, I have installed it on the same exact project running on a different development PC, as well as on a development server, without issue. This leads me to believe it is some configuration with this project running on this particular PC.

• Paul Stephenson 19 posts 129 karma points
    Sep 08, 2017 @ 14:07
    Paul Stephenson

Hi Jeff,

Is there anything in the UmbracoTraceLog?

I sometimes struggle for a long time with an issue, only to remember about the log and find there's a handy stack trace in there or something!

Paul

Sep 08, 2017 @ 18:33
    Jeff Lewis

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the reply. When I check logs, the only messages I get in relation to the package install event are:

2017-09-08 12:32:37,915 [P57160/D2/T11] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - Resolving umbraco.interfaces.IDiscoverable
     2017-09-08 12:32:37,915 [P57160/D2/T11] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - Resolved umbraco.interfaces.IDiscoverable (took 0ms)
     2017-09-08 12:32:37,915 [P57160/D2/T11] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - Resolving [Umbraco.Web.Trees.TreeAttribute]Umbraco.Web.Trees.TreeController
     2017-09-08 12:32:37,916 [P57160/D2/T11] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - Resolved [Umbraco.Web.Trees.TreeAttribute]Umbraco.Web.Trees.TreeController (took 0ms)

I do not get any errors in the log that would help diagnose the problem, unfortunately.

Jeff

• Paul Stephenson 19 posts 129 karma points
    Sep 11, 2017 @ 15:05
    Paul Stephenson

Hi Jeff,

What a shame the logs don't have anything of use.

It is weird that the package information page isn't even trying to do anything to your system -- there's another Install Package button after that, which is where you'd imagine permissions problems or whatever to show up.

Out of ideas I'm afraid :-( .

Paul

• Nik 5 posts 26 karma points
    Jun 11, 2018 @ 19:45
    Nik

I recently ran into the same issue. Every package installation when running the site locally on iis express launched through VS caused an immediate page reload.

I finally could fix it by disabling VS Browser Link feature which was causing those unexpected reloads.

I didn't investigate further how and why this happens tho.

• Thomsen 112 posts 335 karma points
    Jul 18, 2018 @ 22:12
    Thomsen

Works! Have been struggeling with the same problem for hours - disabling VS Browser Link ended the unexpected reloads, thanks :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft