Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Derek Staszak 15 posts 106 karma points
    Sep 08, 2017 @ 19:05
    Derek Staszak

Visual Studio 2015 Not building fresh install of 7.6.6

Hi,

I have been trying to set up a new Umbraco 7.6.6. site using Visual Studio, but every time I try to build I keep getting this error message:

'Umbraco.Core.Models.IPublishedContent' does not contain a definition for 'Ancestors' and no extension method 'Ancestors' accepting a first argument of type 'Umbraco.Core.Models.IPublishedContent' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I have never had this problem before, and have absolutely no idea what is going on. All I am doing is creating a new ASP.NET Empty Website, and using NuGet to install the newest version of umbraco. Can someone please help point me in the right direction.

Thanks, Derek Staszak

• Tobias Klika 101 posts 570 karma points c-trib
    Sep 09, 2017 @ 09:08
    Tobias Klika

Looks like you forgot a using statement for the extension methods. However, if you didn't write any code that's not really possible.

Where is this error? That's part of the exception and you can navigate to the origin. I doubt that it's in the core óÒ

Sep 11, 2017 @ 16:55
    Derek Staszak

I haven't written any code or changed anything at all.

The error takes place in the Breadcrumb.cshtml file that comes with the Umbraco installation. (Umbraco > PartialViewMacros > Templates)

Is it possible there is an issue with my Visual Studio? I've set up multiple projects before this without issue, but I just have absolutely no clue what is going on now

• Ayo Adesina 430 posts 1023 karma points
    Sep 10, 2017 @ 11:09
    Ayo Adesina

Have you tried to install a lower version of Umbraco using exactly the same steps? Maybe there is something wrong with the latest Nuget package.

Sep 11, 2017 @ 16:58
    Derek Staszak

I have not tried that, that will be the next thing I do. Unfortunately I don't think its NuGet. I am also working with Umbraco Cloud, and I cloned down a blank project which runs fine in the umbraco cloud environment, but when I try to build it in Visual Studio I get the exact same error.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft