Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders Blirup Worm 2 posts 71 karma points
    Sep 19, 2017 @ 11:17
    Anders Blirup Worm

No Request Telemetry in Application Insights

We are using umbraco v7.7.0 and want to monitor our site using Microsoft Application Insights. Most types of telemetry are sent as expected, but request telemetry does not get through.

We are logging a lot of exceptions like this:

System.NullReferenceException at Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.Web.RequestTrackingTelemetryModule.AddTargetHashForResponseHeader:21

Where the calling method seems to be:

Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.HandleHttpResponseStatus

Any insights into this would be appreciated, thanks.

• Stefano 61 posts 313 karma points c-trib
    Mar 05, 2018 @ 17:11
    Stefano

Hey, same problem here. Just ran a sample project and can get events installing it out of the box. Can get ajax request in my umbraco website but no events!

Have you found a solution for this?

Cheers

• Stefano 61 posts 313 karma points c-trib
    Mar 05, 2018 @ 17:38
    Stefano

Found it! Had to reverse engineer a boiler plate project.

When I installed application insight the installer failed to add a few things in the web config:

<httpModules>
      <add name="ApplicationInsightsWebTracking" type="Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.Web.ApplicationInsightsHttpModule, Microsoft.AI.Web" />
    </httpModules>

<modules> 
      <remove name="TelemetryCorrelationHttpModule" />
      <add name="TelemetryCorrelationHttpModule" type="Microsoft.AspNet.TelemetryCorrelation.TelemetryCorrelationHttpModule, Microsoft.AspNet.TelemetryCorrelation" preCondition="integratedMode,managedHandler" />
      <remove name="ApplicationInsightsWebTracking" />
      <add name="ApplicationInsightsWebTracking" type="Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.Web.ApplicationInsightsHttpModule, Microsoft.AI.Web" preCondition="managedHandler" />
    </modules>

<!--<system.diagnostics>
      <trace autoflush="true" indentsize="0">
        <listeners>
          <add name="myAppInsightsListener" type="Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.TraceListener.ApplicationInsightsTraceListener, Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.TraceListener" />
        </listeners>
      </trace>
    </system.diagnostics>-->

The last part I had to comment out as it was throwing at a Debug.WriteLine and isn't needed for what I wanted by the looks of it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft