Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alexander Croner 71 posts 282 karma points
    Sep 20, 2017 @ 11:54
    Alexander Croner

Property Editor - External Value Provider ?

So I'm rather new to Umbraco so maybe this is a super weird question... Maybe I'm missing something obvious. Anyways, here it goes!

I wan't a Property Editor which can get the values from an external source (lets say I hook onto a rss-feed or json-feed or something). For example a dropdownlist filled with latest news from a local news page rss.

I found this link but that feels rather... non intiutive...? I mean it feels like I would just want to hook an 'existing property editor' to a value provider in C# of some sort...? Or is the only way to build it yourself using both Angular AND c#? And why am I barely finding any resources about this type of property editors when I google...?

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Sep 20, 2017 @ 12:51
    Kevin Jump

Hi

you might be able to use one of the pickers in the nuPickers package.

this installs a load of extra property editors in umbraco for things like xml, json and sql queires, so one of them might let you hook into your feed or json file.

the documentation has examples of how they all work. - i think you can use URLs for the data source, and for xml there is a lot of xpath stuff you can do to get to the values.

Kevin

• Alexander Croner 71 posts 282 karma points
    Sep 25, 2017 @ 13:44
    Alexander Croner

Yepp this was the solution I wanted! Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft