Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Geoff 19 posts 89 karma points
    Sep 21, 2017 @ 09:54
    Geoff

Local package creation not working after deploying UmbracoFileSystemProviders.Azure

Hi,

Since installing the UmbracoFileSystemProviders.Azure package to offload my media files to Azure blob storage, I am unable to use the package creation option in the backoffice. The package gets created in the local /media/created-packages directory as it always has done, but then when I try to download it I get the following error:

Server Error in ‘/’ Application. The resource cannot be found. Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. Requested URL: /media/created-packages/aaaaa_1.zip Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.6.1649.1

I am using version 7.5.12 of Umbraco and 0.5.10 of UmbracoFileSystemProviders.Azure

Hopefully someone can shed some light on what is happening and provide a solution?

Thanks, Geoff

• Geoff 19 posts 89 karma points
    Oct 16, 2017 @ 10:32
    Geoff

I'm still looking for a solution to this problem. Can anyone help? I have installed the UmbracoFileSystemProviders.Azure package to map the local media folder to Azure blog storage. Packages I create in the back office continue to be created in the local/media folder, rather than the Azure storage account, but when I try to download them, Umbraco is reading from the Azure storage account. How so I specify that I want the packages to be created in the mapped location rather than the local one? Thanks.

• Samoura 5 posts 97 karma points
    Sep 27, 2018 @ 18:11
    Samoura

I can confirm that the issue is happening with 7.11 as well. I've installed the Azure FileSystemProvider as well (which, btw, works fine for media files, images).

I've tried creating a package and exporting document types through it. The package is created and stored in the local media/created-packages/ folder and not in the azure's blob storage folder where it should. Trying the "Download" link after publishing the package leads to a 404 error message described above in the first post.

Any ideas on what to do here? Thanks!

• Jesse Andrews 191 posts 716 karma points c-trib
    Oct 25, 2018 @ 23:05
    Jesse Andrews

I ran into this issue as well in 7.12.3. This is an issue with Umbraco itself. The problem is that the package creator doesn't connect to the file system provider, which is why the files are generated in the local media folder and not the storage account on azure. This is why the download link throws a 404, as it's looking for the file on azure, which doesn't exist.

I've filed a bug ticket on github detailing this issue. Fortunately it's not difficult to work around, just annoying.

• Samoura 5 posts 97 karma points
    Oct 26, 2018 @ 13:57
    Samoura

Hi Jesse, wondering if you could share what is your current workaround for this?

• Jesse Andrews 191 posts 716 karma points c-trib
    Oct 26, 2018 @ 16:41
    Jesse Andrews

I didn't mention that since it's mentioned earlier in the thread, but you can get the just grab the zip file from your local media directory. It would be hidden if you don't have show hidden files enabled in Visual Studio if that's the ide you're using though. You can also just grab the file with the file explorer. There isn't a way to get the download button to work with a file system provider without modifying the package generation logic in umbraco.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft