Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steven Applegate 18 posts 178 karma points
    Sep 22, 2017 @ 22:11
    Steven Applegate

Enabling List View on document type doesn't show child items in the back office

I've just installed Umbraco and I'm messing around with creating my own document types, I installed v7.7.1

I'm attempting to create one that will list out some neighborhoods in my town, so I created a Neighborhood List and a Neighborhood Detail. The List has Enable List View enabled and set permissions to only allow Detail to be created under it.

The problem is that after I add a child item under my List page, nothing shows up in the List view in the back office under the Child Items tab. It doesn't even have the "No content has been added" message, it's just blank. There's no errors in the console either.

If I go to the document type and disable list view, I can then see the child items in the Tree View, but enabling list view doesn't show them again.

I noticed that it's not just this custom one I made either, it's every document type that has enabled list view, even the default ones like Blog and People that came with the install.

Is this a known issue, or maybe something went wrong with my install? Or am I missing some other setting or property on my document type to show the child items?

enter image description here

• Tobias Klika 101 posts 570 karma points c-trib
    Sep 26, 2017 @ 13:13
    Tobias Klika

This is a bug in Umbraco 7.7.0 and 7.7.1. Here is the bug in the tracker: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-10437

Go to your user in the backoffice and check the associated user groups. Delete existing "Migrated__...." groups or add the required rights for them to edit lists.

• Steven Applegate 18 posts 178 karma points
    Sep 28, 2017 @ 21:29
    Steven Applegate

Thanks Tobias, that solved the issue

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft